The objectives of the Distributing Chains research project are:
- Map areas of agreement, contestation and uncertainty within the blockchain communities in terms of political purpose and potential
- Trace claims of politically determining factors of the technology from decision-making through to their uses and effects
- Produce an overview and analysis of political formations that are being articulated with and through the blockchain technology
- How do the developers and users of new applications of blockchain understand, represent and seek to shape the political implications of the technology in terms of authority, trust and consensus?
- Which are the agencies, assigned and actual, in the blockchain assemblage? what difference do they produce and what political effects do they have?
- What are the political differences between blockchain applications, and where and how are do these come to matter?